BLOWER BLOWING THROUGH FLOOR AIR DUCTS ONLY

1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee

wudaal

October, 27, 2013 AT 1:30 PM

Hi, I have problem with the air distribution. When I put the ac on the upper vents it blows through the floor vents too, for hot air it is ok but cold air is not pleasant. Can you help how to fix this problem.

Jacobandnickolas

October, 27, 2013 AT 1:39 PM

It sounds like you have a vacuum leak issue. The vent doors are actuated by engine vacuum. If the vacuum is weak, the vend doors will not open and close properly.

Check under the dash for vacuum leaks as well as under the hood (supply line). If you are lucky, with the engine running, you may hear a hissing noise.

Let me know what you find.

wudaal

October, 27, 2013 AT 11:52 PM

Well thank you for your prompt reply. I checked for vacuum lines but could not identify them, where and how will I identify the vacuum lines?

Jacobandnickolas

October, 28, 2013 AT 8:22 AM

They should run from the control panel.

wudaal

October, 28, 2013 AT 10:27 AM

Sorry, did not get it. Shall I search for it on the right or left of the dash, and under the hood where will be they?

Jacobandnickolas

October, 28, 2013 AT 6:40 PM

The vacuum lines will run from the control unit to the vent doors. As far as under the hood, the vacuum supply line will start on the intake manifold and work its way through the firewall.

Replace Floor Board
Headlight Bulb Replacement Acura MDX
DRL Light Bulb Replacement
Wiper Blade Replacement Toyota Tacoma
Wiper Blade Replacement Toyota Tundra
Headlight Bulb Replacement Volkswagen Jetta