BLOWER BLOWING THROUGH FLOOR AIR DUCTS ONLY

• wudaal
  • 1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Hi, I have problem with the air distribution. When I put the ac on the upper vents it blows through the floor vents too, for hot air it is ok but cold air is not pleasant. Can you help how to fix this problem.

Sunday, October 27th, 2013 AT 1:30 PM

• Jacobandnickolas

It sounds like you have a vacuum leak issue. The vent doors are actuated by engine vacuum. If the vacuum is weak, the vend doors will not open and close properly.

Check under the dash for vacuum leaks as well as under the hood (supply line). If you are lucky, with the engine running, you may hear a hissing noise.

Let me know what you find.

Sunday, October 27th, 2013 AT 1:39 PM
  • wudaal

Well thank you for your prompt reply. I checked for vacuum lines but could not identify them, where and how will I identify the vacuum lines?

Sunday, October 27th, 2013 AT 11:52 PM
  • Jacobandnickolas

They should run from the control panel.

Monday, October 28th, 2013 AT 8:22 AM
  • wudaal

Sorry, did not get it. Shall I search for it on the right or left of the dash, and under the hood where will be they?

Monday, October 28th, 2013 AT 10:27 AM
  • Jacobandnickolas

The vacuum lines will run from the control unit to the vent doors. As far as under the hood, the vacuum supply line will start on the intake manifold and work its way through the firewall.

Monday, October 28th, 2013 AT 6:40 PM