Blend door actuator

HOJOHN
  • 2004 CHEVROLET TRAILBLAZER
Thanks in advance. I had a problem with blend door actuator clicking, I changed part clicking stopped. However, the air flow now is not very strong defrost or vents on dash. What position should the door be in when installed? It moves freely and flopped down so that is the way I installed the actuator. I noticed the new part had a lot of setting marks on the protruding shaft. Is there a special way to line the door and actuator up? Thanks again.
Friday, October 21st, 2016 AT 6:23 AM

Just the same way it came out, however it may need to be re-calibrated. Pull HVAC fuse B out with key off leave out for thirty seconds then reinstall and start car. It may take another minute for actuator to re-calibrate.
Friday, October 21st, 2016 AT 6:38 AM
HOJOHN
Thanks for quick response. I will check it out tomorrow. Thanks again.
Friday, October 21st, 2016 AT 2:16 PM
Send back good news!

The Medic
Saturday, October 22nd, 2016 AT 7:31 PM
HOJOHN
Hello, well fuse reset no luck, did notice when defrost is selected I also have air coming from dash vents. I guess have to pull it back out and just hook the connector up and select off. I think that is the position the door falls to and reinstall. Do you think that will work? Thanks again for the help.
Sunday, October 23rd, 2016 AT 8:10 PM
Probably.
Monday, October 24th, 2016 AT 6:49 AM
HOJOHN
I have to wait till Thursday 10/27 2016, that's when grand kids are out of school than I can tear into the dash. Thanks again
Monday, October 24th, 2016 AT 8:22 PM
KEN
Hi HoJohn,

I was wondering if you have a cabin air filter in that car? If so it may be plugged up

Pleas let us know,

Best, Ken
Monday, October 24th, 2016 AT 8:29 PM
HOJOHN
No filter thanks for the thought and reply
Wednesday, October 26th, 2016 AT 6:22 AM
KEN
Did the air blow okay before the blend door actuator replacement?
Wednesday, October 26th, 2016 AT 9:44 AM
HOJOHN
The defrost was not strong and when turned(all) door was flapping. Thanks for the help
Thursday, October 27th, 2016 AT 11:06 AM
KEN
It sounds like you have a blower motor that is weak. If the air is weak in all vent positions I would look there next.
Thursday, October 27th, 2016 AT 2:32 PM
HOJOHN
Thanks for all of your time this is the best site on the web, well I got out there today to redo the actuator, took mounting bolts out left wire harness connected turned key on selected defrost the actuator didn't move.I think it over traveled after I installed it up first time without making any adjustments, because the door just flopped down when I pulled original out and I did not try to adjust the door to match the preset on the actuator (back yard mechanic way), so for the time being I reinstalled the actuator, I selected max on the defrost and force of air held door open while I installed actuator, got it all buttoned up ran through controls and it seemed to work good even through the actuator didn't move when I checked it earlier. Thanks again for all the help have a great one.
Thursday, October 27th, 2016 AT 7:37 PM
KEN
Glad we could get it fixed please use 2CarPros. Com anytime we are here to help

Best, Ken
Thursday, October 27th, 2016 AT 10:37 PM