Battery not charging warning light

KAWENA808
  • 2003 CHEVROLET TAHOE
I had my vehicle checked recently to replace the hub. When I got my vehicle back the warning light for my airbags starting blinking. Had a mechanic run an electrical test, then the airbag light went off, since then the battery not charging light goes on and stays on. The voltage for the battery went from 14 to the red zone 9's. My suv started losing power so I pulled on to the side of the road because the dash board started beeping. Could it be possible that the mechanic had reset or done an electrical error. Also the check fluid light, check oil level light started going on as well.
Wednesday, April 24th, 2013 AT 2:31 AM

ASEMASTER6371
Sounds like the alternator has failed. Have the battery charges, load tested and the alternator checked as well.

Lights may be on from low voltage

Wednesday, April 24th, 2013 AT 2:37 AM
SACMAN1972
  • 2003 CHEVROLET TAHOE
The battery light, ABS light and airbag lights are coming on. The oil, fuel, temperature, and battery gauges drop to nothing. The alternator reads 14 volts on a meter. What is causing this problem?
Monday, August 7th, 2017 AT 10:51 AM (Merged)