At witts end car not starting

BKWILMOTT
  • 2003 CHEVROLET SILVERADO
Yesterday got in turned key did not make a sound. Everything else worked like lights radio windows etc. Tried to get a jump was unsuccessful shortly after I turned the key and it started right up. Drove all over did all my errands and she started right up as needed the rest of the day. This morning I turned the key and not a sound. Battery indicator shows she is going to 12 of 14 volts but not losing below 12. New battery alternator and ignition relay in December. Any ideas?
Sunday, February 19th, 2017 AT 5:06 PM

If you are at the end of your wits, you need more wits! Ahahahahaha. Anyway, a good suspect is a failing neutral safety switch/range sensor. Next time this happens, shift to neutral and see if the engine cranks. If that does not help, find the starter relay in the under-hood fuse box, and feel if it is clicking when a helper turns the ignition switch to "crank".
Sunday, February 19th, 2017 AT 5:20 PM