You can if the electrical hook-ups are the same and the mounting bolt locations are the same. Here is how to change it out:
ID No.. 53008646, 53008647, 53008651
1. Disconnect battery ground cable, then remove belt.
2. Remove pivot and mounting bolts, then position alternator for wire connection access.
3. Remove harness hold-down, battery terminal, ground terminal and two field terminal nuts.
4. Remove wire connectors, then remove alternator.
5. Reverse procedure to install, noting the following:
a. Torque mounting and pivot bolts to 30 ft. Lbs.
B. On models equipped with serpentine belts, the belt must be routed correctly or water pump will rotate in wrong direction and engine will overheat. See Serpentine Drive Belt in Engine/ Drive Belts.
Please let us know if you need anything else to get the problem fixed.
Wednesday, March 29th, 2023 AT 11:13 AM