Alternative Parts

JASMINE UNPREDICTABLE JOHNSON
  • 2005 KIA OPTIMA
I got a diagnostic test done at my local Advance Auto Parts;

P-Codes: P-0122, P-0335, P-01505, P-01507, P-0452, P-0444

In turn, I did a little research to find the corresponding parts;

throttle position sensor, crankshaft position sensor, kick-down transmission cable, idle air control valve, pressure regulator

What are some alternative parts for those listed above that would get my car back on road for now?
Monday, July 10th, 2017 AT 12:33 PM

STEVE W.
It is highly unlikely to have all those parts fail at the same time. I would start by testing to see if one of the sensors has failed and is shorting the bias voltage power to ground and causing the other sensors to see low voltage. That is a common crank sensor failure issue but anything that uses that bias voltage can do it, it is even possibly a broken wire or one shorted to ground.

Would you please clarify which engine you have? The wiring is different and you have the 2.4 (four cylinder) in one spot but then say it is a six (which is a 2.7).

Testing this issue is not real hard, it requires a voltmeter and a little time. If you do not have one you can get one online or in places like Wal Mart, Home Depot, Lowe's or even Harbor Freight.
https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-use-a-voltmeter

Or take it to a shop and have them put a good scan tool on it and look at the various sensors. As I said it is very possible it is one sensor or a simple broken wire causing the problem.

The first four codes all share a power source, a broken wire, short, or bad connection could cause all of those codes.
The last two are EVAP codes, there again a broken power feed or ground back to those sensors could cause both codes.

I would look all around the engine for a rubbed through wiring harness or possibly an area where the wire sat on the exhaust. It could be that you need one part or none if it is a broken/shorted wire or two.
Monday, July 10th, 2017 AT 2:39 PM