96 Cutlass won't start when it's cold

LABATTCONSUMER
  • 1996 ALL OTHER MAKES ALL OTHER MODELS
I am borrowing my parents car while I finish patching the rust-bucket known as my Jee_. The car has a 3100 v6 with 180000 miles racked up. Car runs very well until now. Problem is. Car won't start. Been all week and I've tried to start it off and on. Monday morning it was probably 10-20 degrees out and the car wouldn't start. Since my wife needed our van to go to work, I called off and looked at the car. Around 2:00 it was in the thirties and I went out and the car started right up. Ever since then it's been colder and the car won't start.

The car turns over fine but won't fire. There is fuel to it. I've seen and heard people mention the Crank Positioning sensor. Where is this? How could the cold weather affect it? How do I test it?

My dad's replaced the ignition packs on this car twice before. Mechanic doesn't seem to think that's the problem. Says it would do it more often, while the car's running and in any temp.
Friday, February 2nd, 2007 AT 11:11 AM

TECHAPPS
Will not start in cold weather
Saturday, February 3rd, 2007 AT 11:16 AM

Related Engine Not Starting Content

Engine Will Not Start
VIDEO