2000 Windstar sliding door not fully closing

TIMMACK2
  • 2000 ALL OTHER MAKES ALL OTHER MODELS
The passenger side sliding door doesn’t completely close. This door is most commonly used and my feeling is that the cable has stretched. The door will only engage the latch if you manually push it closed.

I have removed the interior cover and exposed the motor, pulleys and tensioners. It is obvious that the manufacture of this assembly expected tension would need to be adjusted as they put a tension indicator arrows on the assembly housing cover.

I have tried a number of combinations using an allen key in the center drive wheel while moving the tensing wheel and don’t seem to make any progress in getting the door to close completely automatically. I think there must be some combination of holding the allen key while turning somethin’ somethin’ that I’m just not doing properly. HELP! Thank guys
Tuesday, April 3rd, 2007 AT 5:23 PM

TIMMACK2
Is there anyone here that can answer my question
Friday, April 13th, 2007 AT 1:56 PM