AIR CONDITIONING WITH NOISE/POWER LOSS

2004 Ford Taurus

FalseDemon

July, 10, 2013 AT 10:20 PM

The AC only gets very slightly cool after the car has been run at highway speeds for over a forty-mile stretch. I was going to charge the AC, but when I got the hood open and listened, I heard a noise (which I cannot reproduce here, but was sort of like a "phweet" with another noise directly thereafter). I had noticed some small power loss driving it up until then, but it wasn't until I opened the hood with the car running I began to think it may be AC related. Up until then, I'd just chalked it up to age. I turned off the AC and it stopped making the noise and the engine ran normally. At that point, I decided to let it be until I did some research. Most of what I know about engines is from doing things to the various Freightliners, Peterbilts, and Internationals I've had. I think it would be a bad idea for me to assume what goes from those engines automatically applies to a Ford Taurus. If I can fix it reasonably, I will, but if your advice is take it to someone, I will. I'd just like to have some idea of what it's doing out of curiosity and so I can tell my Dad what's broken. Thank you very much! : )

hmac300

July, 11, 2013 AT 8:40 AM

Have a pro performance test your system it may be low and that maeans it leaked so it needs to be found and fixed. Otherwise it wil do the same

Find Out How to Test Your Catalytic Converter
Catalytic Converter Replacement Volkswagen
Fuel Filter Mount Replacement Chevrolet
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right