Air Conditioner Compressor Clutch stopped engaging when pushing A/C, Green Light switch on center console /Dash. Saw that Clutch does not.

FUTUREFLIGHT
  • 1998 CHRYSLER CIRRUS
This recently bought used car is in fine condition, I had the Freon Charged, Temp was approx. 46 degrees for 3 months. Now the Green Lit A/C Switch does not engage the Compressor Pump, which looks newly replaced. The Belt is running the Pulley Fine. The Clutch unit just stays still. But I turned it easily with my hand. With the engine off. I'm thinking it is a dis-connect of 12volts Positive to the compressor plug in Wire, due to a failed A/C Relay switch. But I don't know where this Relay is Located, or how to test it. Should I just buy a new one, and plug it in, to engage the clutch again. As the system was working Fine for 3 Months ? Or. Should I take it to an auto electrical service shop? As they are very Secretive about how they fixed it,
And quite Costly.( Rip- Off Specialists ). It is a V-6, 2.5 Liter, fwd.
Wednesday, July 22nd, 2015 AT 10:57 PM

Have a pro scan for codes
Thursday, July 23rd, 2015 AT 5:56 AM