AIR BLOWING OUT OF THROTTLE BODY

• turbo1987
  • 1993 Toyota Camry

On a 93 Camry the main belt broke not the power steering belt so I put on a new surp belt and now the car will not start when cranking over it sounds different sounds kind of slow with a odd sound when cranking as I found is the odd sound is air getting pushed out of throttle body its not sucking in I have spark put in new plugs also the plugs were wet when I took them out. What is the cause of air going out of throttle body and not getting sucked in. This is my first time using this site if its something I like I will add donations in the future . Anyhelp will be good thanks BILL

Thursday, June 20th, 2013 AT 1:55 PM

• Wrenchtech

As a rule, belts don't break on their own. It is usually triggered by one of the components it operates freezing up. I would remove the belt and make sure you can spin each pulley smoothly by hand.

Thursday, June 20th, 2013 AT 3:16 PM
  • turbo1987

What would cause the air blowing out of throttle body and not being sucked in like it should. When cranking the motor

Thursday, June 20th, 2013 AT 8:10 PM
  • Wrenchtech

I have no idea what you are talking about there. There will be no air movement at cranking RPM.

Friday, June 21st, 2013 AT 2:40 AM
  • turbo1987

When I removed the air cleaner hose right at the throttle body I had someone crank it over to feel if it was pulling air in a little but when I put my hand over the throttle body opening and we tried to crank the motor it was blowing some air out so I sprayed throttle body cleaner in to see what it would do and it pushed it out did not suck in.

Friday, June 21st, 2013 AT 10:15 AM