After replacing a sensor car will no start

• 1 POST

Okay, it is a long story. My crankshaft sensor needed to be changed. So my uncle referred his buddy Sean to fix my car. Well on day one he said he can fix it so I bought the sensor. He puts it on. And my car would not start. So he said let it sit over night and in the morning it will start.
Day two the car still has not started yet. So he tells me it is a bad sensor get a new one. So I did still would not start up.
Day three he tells me that it is the computer is reading the old codes and he needs to erase the codes out of the computer so it can start. Still the car would not start
Day three he tells me that the car needs new spark plugs. So I buy those and the car still does not work. He put gasoline in the chambers where the spark plugs go in. And he said he gaped the new spark plugs and sprayed the started spray on it. Everyone told me that I just need to let it vaporize but it has been a week.
My question is how can I get my car working again. And he will not put the old sensor back on, and I am not even sure if he took out the right sensor! He was just pulling on a cord on the front engine! Is that where the crankshaft sensor is located at? My car is a please let me know. Thanks.

Friday, April 28th, 2017 AT 1:13 AM

Two thing here I think, the sensor connector/wiring may be damaged do to the guy trying to fix it or the security system has engaged. try a reset by following link. check all fuses under hood as well. if still not starting, have a mechanic look at it and make sure you tell him what has happened.

Friday, April 28th, 2017 AT 6:52 AM