Car will not start

MICHAELWHITE622
  • 1994 ACURA INTEGRA

Four cylinder front wheel drive manual 198,000 miles

My car will not start, when I turn the key it does not try to crank or click or anything at all. My dash lights all work fine. I have a brand new battery, a brand new alternator, and my starter was tested and works fine. At first it just would not try to turn over or anything so I had to push start it, it worked fine. now it does not even do anything as far as trying to start.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/336333_cacccuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu_1.jpg

Wednesday, March 25th, 2009 AT 10:39 PM

Inspect and test the starter cut relay and clutch interlock switch.

Wednesday, March 25th, 2009 AT 10:50 PM
JLABRIE
  • 1994 ACURA INTEGRA
  • MERGED

While driving my car, I downshifted too early into second, the car shut off instantly and now will not start. It cranks, but will not turn over. What could the problem be?
Try jump starting it, jumper cables, new spark plugs.

Tuesday, January 24th, 2017 AT 9:07 PM
KHLOW2008
  • MERGED

Check the timing belt. It could have skipped tooth or gone bad. Ensure the rotor is turning while cranking.

Please consider a donation to help us answer more questions.
Tuesday, January 24th, 2017 AT 9:07 PM
MINX234523
  • 1994 ACURA INTEGRA
  • MERGED

Four cylinder two wheel drive automatic

So my car was having a small problem before with me turning it off and the back on. When I turned it off and then came back to turn it on it would want to start but it just would not click on completely after a few tries then it would start. Well now it is shutting off while I am driving. I will drive a couple of miles on it and as soon as I brake the car will sort of shake a tiny bit and shut off. So I turn the key to turn it back on and it will just do the same thing, it will want to start but it just does not fully start anymore. I have checked the battery, I have checked the fuses and they work fine. But curiously I changed the distributor cap and it worked, but now it is doing the same problem (take in mind that my car alarm has stopped working right when all this started happening). So I do not know if I have an electrical problem or mechanical. Will someone please help.

Tuesday, January 24th, 2017 AT 9:07 PM
F4I_GUY
  • MERGED

Did your alarm have a fuel cut off or immobilizer? If your alarm cut off fuel or ignition then I would definitely suspect the alarm to be causing this.

Remove the panel underneath the steering column (four Philip screws) and you should be able to see the brain to the alarm system as well as the wiring harness for it. Check to make sure everything looks right. No burnt wires, connections are solid, etc.

Tuesday, January 24th, 2017 AT 9:07 PM
MINX234523
  • MERGED

I think I misreported what I meant. What I meant to say was that the horn for my alarm is not working anymore, but my alarm is still working though. Also, I have noticed that every time I keep turning the ignition key, the power to the interior kind of starts shutting down as well as the car's cranking noise.

Tuesday, January 24th, 2017 AT 9:07 PM
THIAS
  • 1994 ACURA INTEGRA
  • MERGED

Four cylinder two wheel drive automatic

I had the car sitting in the drive way for about a year. I tried to start it yesterday. I changed the spark plugs, oil and cleaned the distributor cap. I placed the wires back into their respective holes, in the distributor cap. The car seems to want to start, it cranks, but the engine will not start. At times, when I try to start it there is a somewhat dim and sporadic explosive noise coming out of the muffler followed by the smell of gas. Please help. Thanks

Tuesday, January 24th, 2017 AT 9:07 PM
  • MERGED

Check the fuel pressure to rule out the fuel filter/pressure regulator and fuel pump comeback with the fuel pressure readings. We start here.

Tuesday, January 24th, 2017 AT 9:07 PM
MINX234523
  • 1994 ACURA INTEGRA
  • MERGED

Four cylinder two wheel drive automatic 153,000 miles

My car was starting at first but at times when I pulled in to park somewhere and shut it off as soon as I turn the key it would not want to start until a couple of turns of the key. So now it is doing something different it is shutting off on me while I am driving. I drive it a couple of miles and as soon as I brake at a light it shuts off on me. When I try to restart it sounds like it wants to start but it does not turnover. I have checked the battery, the fuses, and I replaced the distributor cap on it. I am running out of Ideas. Can somebody help me please?

Tuesday, January 24th, 2017 AT 9:07 PM
MMPRINCE4000
  • MERGED

Most likely an ignition module. You can remove it and have it tested at most auto-parts stores for free.

If bad, check prices for an ignition module vs. A re-manufactured distributor with a new module. On many Japanese cars, it is cheaper to buy the re-manufactured distributor with module vs. The module itself.

Tuesday, January 24th, 2017 AT 9:07 PM