Car will not start

NIKKISCHOICE
  • 2001 ACURA CL

Six cylinder front wheel drive automatic 87,000 miles

I have not driven this car in over six months. I replaced the battery and put about two gallons of gas in it, but the car will not start. The car had no trouble prior. I just did not use the car for awhile. Any insight on what I should check?

Sunday, March 2nd, 2008 AT 8:40 PM

CARLIFE65

Try replacing spark plug, and inspect, battery cable for corroded, or broken, shorted or poorly connected battery cable.

Sunday, October 11th, 2009 AT 11:30 AM
CASPBA
  • 2001 ACURA CL
  • MERGED

Six cylinder two wheel drive automatic 115,000 miles

My son's car will not start when it is hot, ninety five degrees. Once it cools down a little is will always starts.

Monday, January 23rd, 2017 AT 3:56 PM
  • MERGED

When its hot and it refuses to start try to catch it if its fuel or spark problem do below;

Get a helper disconnect a sparkplug wire or two and ground it to the engine atleast 3/16 away from ground-have helper crank engine over-do you have a snapping blue spark? If so you have a fuel related problem, check the fuel pressure to rule out the fuel filter/fuel pump/pressure regulator and listen to the injector/s are they pulsing or hook up a noid light. No snapping blue spark continue to troubleshoot the ignition system power input to the coil/coil packs, coil's resistances, cap and rotor, distributor pick-up coil, ignition control module, cam and crank sensors and computer.

Monday, January 23rd, 2017 AT 3:56 PM
RHOWEY
  • 2001 ACURA CL
  • MERGED

Six cylinder front wheel drive automatic 174,000 miles

last night I pulled into a gas station and filled my tank, then I go to start it and instead of turning over I hear a click. Also, when I turn the key the dash says that I am in drive and park just for a few seconds, then the light showing I am in drive goes off. All the fuses are good.

Monday, January 23rd, 2017 AT 3:56 PM
KHLOW2008
  • MERGED

Hi rhowey,

Thank you for the donation.

The D indicator light would light up for two seconds at initial ignition on, that is normal.

I would suggest getting the battery tested. Seems it has failed.

Please consider a donation to help us answer more questions.
Monday, January 23rd, 2017 AT 3:57 PM
PARKOURISM
  • 2001 ACURA CL
  • MERGED

Six cylinder front wheel drive manual 95,000 miles

Lately, my car has been acting weird. It will start, run for a bout two seconds then kind of sputter then shuts off. Then, for about two minutes it will not start. Then, it starts without a problem. It has done this twice (both incidences about a week apart) and other than this runs perfectly fine. Any suggestions.

Monday, January 23rd, 2017 AT 3:57 PM
CARLIFE65
  • MERGED

When it is cold or hot?

Monday, January 23rd, 2017 AT 3:57 PM
MKACH
  • MERGED

Did you ever find out why your car behaved that way on you? Mine is doing the same exact thing. Any information would be appreciated! :)

Monday, January 23rd, 2017 AT 3:57 PM
WIGGUM
  • 2001 ACURA CL
  • MERGED

Six cylinder front wheel drive automatic 140,000 miles

I drove home from work the other day and came in and did several things and went to go back out again. The car would not start. The AC would come on full, the horn was loud. I let the car sit for about twenty to thirty minutes and tried it again and it started right up. This happened about a month ago as well and did not think much of it. Between the two times I did change the spark plugs.

Also, when I am idle and give the car gas and let go the rpm's drop before 500 for a second and then go back to about 600-800.

The Battery in the car is about nine to ten years old.

Monday, January 23rd, 2017 AT 3:57 PM
  • MERGED

If it refuses to start do below to find out if it is fuel or spark problem that is causing it not to start-something has to give.

Get a helper disconnect a spark plug wire or two and ground it to the engine atleast 3/16 away from ground-have helper crank engine over do you have a snapping blue spark? If so, you have a fuel related problem, check the fuel pressure to rule out the fuel filter/fuel pump/pressure regulator and listen to the injector/s are they pulsing or hook up a noid light. No snapping blue spark continue to troubleshoot the ignition system-power input to the coil/coil packs, coil's resistances, cap and rotor, distributor pick-up coil, ignition control module, cam and crank sensors and computer.

Monday, January 23rd, 2017 AT 3:57 PM