Re-circulation actuator location

LARRYJPUERITT
  • 2006 CHEVROLET IMPALA
Hello, I’ve recently purchased an actuator for my car to replace the re-circulation actuator. My car windows constantly freezes up and when I switch to fresh air from recirculate I don’t hear any changes. Since my car has three actuators my question is, where is the re-circulation actuator located? Thanks in advance
Thursday, March 14th, 2019 AT 5:05 AM

Welcome to 2CarPros.

The actuator for fresh air is all the way at the end of the HVAC box under the dash. I attached a picture of its location to help. Also, the second picture indicates basic directions for its replacement.

Let me know if this helps.

Take care,
+1
Thursday, March 14th, 2019 AT 7:25 PM
LARRYJPUERITT
Thank you very much I also have another question. When I m driving and hit a bump I hear a knocking noise from the front and back depending on how fast I m going I m guessing it s a sway bar I m not really certain. Do you have any advice for me and If possible could you tell me where could I find the specific part or part number?
+1
Thursday, March 14th, 2019 AT 8:05 PM
Welcome back:

I have to ask a favor. Can you please repost your second question on a new thread. We are trying to keep each thread focused on one topic so it is easier and more helpful to all.

I'm sorry to do this. However, one of us will be happy to answer your question.

Thanks,
+1
Thursday, March 14th, 2019 AT 9:08 PM