Accelerator sticks with no brakes

CHRISTI KING
  • 1994 NISSAN SENTRA
The accelerator continues to climb and the brake pedal is impossible to push. Rear brake line and two wheel cylinders recently replaced. Please. What could be the problem?
Monday, March 18th, 2019 AT 8:38 AM

SCWICKEDSTANG

I am not sure where you got your brakes fixed at, but I would go back there and have them fix it right. And please, please do not dive this car until it is fixed. This is an Extremely dangerous situation, that has to be fixed before the vehicle is to be driven. I have thoroughly searched the Technical Service Bulletins (TSB)'s for your car and this is the only one I could find that has anything to do with your car's problem. I have included it down below in the diagrams. It is from AAMCO. If you had somebody else besides a business do the work on your car, we can provide step by step instructions on how to properly do the job right. Get back to us with what you find out.

Thanks,
Alex
2CarPros
Monday, March 18th, 2019 AT 11:41 AM
CHRISTI KING
So if the brakes get fixed again then the acceleration problem will be solved too? I am not driving until it's fixed. It's terrifying!
Monday, March 18th, 2019 AT 11:50 AM
SCWICKEDSTANG
Hello again,

I forgot to include the TSB last time. No. You should get both systems in working order. I will include step by step instructions for you in a minute or two. Thanks for your patientce.

Thanks,
Alex
2CarPros
Monday, March 18th, 2019 AT 12:04 PM
SCWICKEDSTANG
Hello again,

Okay. I have included all the instructions for your vehicle's brake system in the diagrams down below. I'm not sure where you had your brakes done, but they need to make sure that your brakes are in working order before they give your car back to you. I've included instructions for disc and for drum rear brakes, even though it sounds like you drums in back. Please get back to us and let us know what is going on with your vehicle.

Thanks,
Alex
2CarPros
Monday, March 18th, 2019 AT 3:58 PM
CHRISTI KING
The brake pedal is unpush able only when the car is stuck in increasing speed. I didn't think the two systems were connected but it acts like they are. The brakes work fine when the accelerator isn't "sticking" and steadily increasing speed without my foot on the pedal.
Monday, March 18th, 2019 AT 4:18 PM
SCWICKEDSTANG
Hello again,

You might want to contact your local Nissan dealership and talk to some one in the service department, if for nothing else to see if they want to start a Technical Service Bulletin or something on that.

Thanks,
Alex
2CarPros
Tuesday, March 19th, 2019 AT 4:24 AM
CHRISTI KING
Thank you for all your time! I really appreciate it!
Tuesday, March 19th, 2019 AT 4:40 AM
KEN
We are here to help, please use 2CarPros anytime.
Thursday, March 21st, 2019 AT 12:10 PM