ABS Fault light and message in dash

JIMBARN1977
  • 2005 CHEVROLET COLORADO
Changed front brake pads and rotors on front of an 05 Colorado. Now ABS light is on and ABS fault message on message center. Scan tool does not read any speed on sensors, Codes are C0035 and C0040. Changed left side bearing and speed sensor and cleaned right side. Still have all symtoms. What is going on with this thing?
Wednesday, June 5th, 2013 AT 6:18 PM

First you need a pro style scanner to remove the codes, then check for air gap, right speed sensor for wheel bearing as there are several and rust buildup.
Thursday, June 6th, 2013 AT 6:22 AM
JIMBARN1977
I have a Genisys 5.0 scan tool. This isn't pro style enough? What would you suggest? And, if you remember correctly we changed one side completely and cleaned the other side with no change whatsoever.
Thursday, June 6th, 2013 AT 7:08 AM
We don't know what people have when we say pro type scan tools. What I sent are answers that other mechanics are having similar problem s with like yours and those are tips that were given. Is there an air gap? Are the sensors good? They have very thin wires and can be broken/disturbed just by hitting them. The wheel bearing you installed is it the correct one as there are several. Here is another tip
have always just scanned ABS codes and if a speed senor was open or shorted I would just replace the bearing [and we all now how common they go bad on GMs]. Had a 05 colorado in and these new bearing and speed sensors are not together. So I replaced speed senor and still had same p040 code so I did some looking around and found out they should be replaced together[great]. Also check speed sensor signal volt at sensor these module are know to go bad. I just had one that the right sensor had no volts going to it, so its a dealer car and they don't care so I jumped power from the left and hooked it to the right [at to computer] and problem solved. Hope this helps?
Thursday, June 6th, 2013 AT 7:14 AM