94 Sonoma engine swap and now the engine wont stay on

SHAOLIN-RAIDER
  • 1994 GMC SONOMA
(forgot my password) threw a rod in my engine of a 94 sonoma 4.3 v6 vortech. Swapped the engine block that came from a 97 jimmy 4x4 4.3 v6 vortech. All components from 94 block where put onto the 97 block. Truck would start up an run for a couple seconds and shut off. It keeps repeating the process everytime.I've changed the throttle body kit and the fuel pump and its still shutting off. Spark plugs are firing well and fuel is being sent in properly but the truck won't stay on. Your thoughts?
Friday, May 3rd, 2013 AT 4:25 PM

Scan for codes and check fuelpressure first. If tbi check for blown gasket uner tbi unit. Check hose to map sensor for soft as it may be sucking closed and not letting map work. Recheck all electrical hookups. And check for a vacuum leak.
Saturday, May 4th, 2013 AT 8:08 AM
SHAOLIN-RAIDER
Scanned for codes and nothing came up. Fuel pressure is between 13-15. Replaced the throttle body rebuild kit. All electrical is good. I Will check the map sensor and vacuum for leaks. Where is the map sensor located?
Saturday, May 4th, 2013 AT 12:09 PM
Should be on the firewall right behind motor or by coil
Saturday, May 4th, 2013 AT 1:14 PM
SHAOLIN-RAIDER
I checked all the vacuum lines and there are no leaks in the lines. However I'm still not certain about the map sensor location.I see no hose leading up to the firewall. All I see is a hose going from the intake going along the firewall
Wednesday, May 8th, 2013 AT 11:34 AM
Next time let us know if it's atbi unit or cpi it makes a difference in sensor locations. See pic
Wednesday, May 8th, 2013 AT 1:17 PM
SHAOLIN-RAIDER
I have no idea about atbi or cpi and I'm really not a mechanic just trying this out. I do know that I have a VIN (Z) series and the diagram you sent me differs from what i'm seeing
Wednesday, May 8th, 2013 AT 5:43 PM
Ok this should be right and it shold be the same or very similar with a stick or auto
Thursday, May 9th, 2013 AT 6:08 AM
SHAOLIN-RAIDER
I'm not certain that that's the one either.I have a automatic as well
Thursday, May 9th, 2013 AT 9:53 AM
If you look at the right it says vin z a/t meaning auto trans. Have a pro look at this for you he'll straighten it out.I have no further suggestions.
Thursday, May 9th, 2013 AT 12:06 PM
SHAOLIN-RAIDER
I found the sensor thanks. I cleaned it up turned the key and it runs yes i. Thank you very much fir the talk through process. Now my problem is it sounds like my starter is binding object my fly wheel a bit.I've tried it with 1 shim then 2 shims and without shims and it's no different. Any suggestions to that? And thanks again
Thursday, May 9th, 2013 AT 12:42 PM
Probably has the wrong flywheel on it or the starter may be going bad.
Thursday, May 9th, 2013 AT 12:57 PM
SHAOLIN-RAIDER
It's the fly wheel from my old block that threw the rod so i'm guessing that it is the starter
Thursday, May 9th, 2013 AT 1:47 PM