93 DOES NOT DOWNSHIFT UPON ACCELERATION

1993 Toyota Corolla

jtapoling

I recently replaced the heater core on my Corolla after is started leaking through the vents of my car. It did get fairly hot but I do not think it "overheated". After performing the heater core repair I started it and drove it around the block. I noticed a hesitation upon acceleration and then a check engine / o/d flash code of 63 about 2 blocks later. This code is supposed to be for solenoid #2 on the transmission. All gears seem to work properly upshifting and downshifting so I am having trouble understanding that code. Before the heater core problem the vehicle ran and drove excellent. I had no drive-ability problems at all. Could anything within the dash cause this type of failure and if not what possible could have gone wrong.

Jacobandnickolas

There really isn't anything you would have gotten into that would cause this code. Are you sure that is the correct code?