6 CYL ENGINE RUNS VERY ROUGH WHEN PUSHING DOWN ON ACCELARATOR TO TAKE OFF

2000 Ford F-150

tgravy

April, 23, 2013 AT 2:12 PM

Motor coughs, spits, and sputters when lightly pressing accelarator but will run fine if you punch it and it will idle fine also. I have changed the fuel filter, coil pack, spark plugs, throdle position, cam position sensor, EGR presure reg switch, and nothing helped. Any suggestions will be greatly apprechiated. Thank you

Running Rough

Idles Rough/changed Ects

April, 23, 2013 AT 4:11 PM

Stop guessing. It is expensive and most of the time wrong

i would start with a professional injector cleaning. Additives have little or no effect on the injectors

tgravy

April, 23, 2013 AT 4:26 PM

Haven't been guessing, checked codes and replaced what codes said there was a problem with. When I would replace an Item that coded I cleared the codes and checked it again and a new code would appear, change that item, clear code's, check it again and another one appeared and so on untill now and the only code that show's up is the EGR pressure switch which I have alrady replaced.

April, 23, 2013 AT 4:28 PM

Codes never identify bad parts just failed systems.

tgravy

April, 23, 2013 AT 4:38 PM

And in manual that tell's you what the codes are also tells you what parts they recomend you replace to rectify the problem

April, 23, 2013 AT 4:42 PM

Same answer. There is a flow chart for each code to follow to determine the failure. I dont know what manual you are using but not one I have ever followed. Thats why you pay for a diag to properly identify the failed parts