6 CYL ENGINE RUNS VERY ROUGH WHEN PUSHING DOWN ON ACCELARATOR TO TAKE OFF

• tgravy
  • 2000 Ford F-150

Motor coughs, spits, and sputters when lightly pressing accelarator but will run fine if you punch it and it will idle fine also. I have changed the fuel filter, coil pack, spark plugs, throdle position, cam position sensor, EGR presure reg switch, and nothing helped. Any suggestions will be greatly apprechiated. Thank you

Tuesday, April 23rd, 2013 AT 2:12 PM

• ASEMaster6371

Stop guessing. It is expensive and most of the time wrong

i would start with a professional injector cleaning. Additives have little or no effect on the injectors

Tuesday, April 23rd, 2013 AT 4:11 PM
  • tgravy

Haven't been guessing, checked codes and replaced what codes said there was a problem with. When I would replace an Item that coded I cleared the codes and checked it again and a new code would appear, change that item, clear code's, check it again and another one appeared and so on untill now and the only code that show's up is the EGR pressure switch which I have alrady replaced.

Tuesday, April 23rd, 2013 AT 4:26 PM
  • ASEMaster6371

Codes never identify bad parts just failed systems.

Tuesday, April 23rd, 2013 AT 4:28 PM
  • tgravy

And in manual that tell's you what the codes are also tells you what parts they recomend you replace to rectify the problem

Tuesday, April 23rd, 2013 AT 4:38 PM
  • ASEMaster6371

Same answer. There is a flow chart for each code to follow to determine the failure. I dont know what manual you are using but not one I have ever followed. Thats why you pay for a diag to properly identify the failed parts

Tuesday, April 23rd, 2013 AT 4:42 PM