318 N42 ENGINE UPGRADE TO 325 M54 PROBLEM

BM POWER PLANT
  • 2003 BMW 318I
I recently changed my facelift 4 potter E46 318 N42 engine(rattler) to an M54 325 double vanos 6 potter, changed the DME, EWS, swapped the transponder from the key, whole exhaust system & wiring harness & used the existing GM gearbox & rear diff( 1-3.38), the replacement parts for my car were all from the m54 325 which had rolled.
Managed to start the car and it running, besides the following problems I encountered,
1. The traction control lights are all on(abs, asc, brake light).& EML

2. My keys central locking doenst work via the remote but it works only if I manualy use the key(can lock & unlock all doors from the drivers door), if I use it via the remote it only unlocks doors & the boot(refuses to lock). When I perform the key synch procedure, the doors lock & unlock to confirm operation was successfull but the doors still fail to lock.

3. When I unplug the DME(MS43), I can access all the other modules with my tester(AUTOCOM CDP), but when the DME is pluggled in, I cant access not even a single module, not sure if the ground in the harness is good, any ideas?Just for the record, the Autocom cdp works like a charm & been using it for years, tried it on my E53 with no problems.
The DME I removed from the 318 was EK924(ME9.2) for a 2003 model which I replaced with the MS 43 for a 2001 325 ci model, I need a wiring power diagram to make comparison betwix the two DME's.
I tried different testers & still cannot establish communication with the DME, help with ideas. Know it could have been better to just buy a 325 but I had problems when trying to sell the rattler(318). Where am I going wrong, why cant I communicate with the DME
Monday, April 29th, 2013 AT 3:44 AM

DR. HAGERTY
You might have missed a ground connection
Monday, April 29th, 2013 AT 6:40 AM