FLOOD BUT DASHBOARD DISPLAYS

2012 Honda Accord

abbastijani

November, 22, 2013 AT 7:39 AM

I am buying a 2012 honda accord and its a flood but the dasboard lights up. What do you think is the extent of damage because I aint there to inspect physically. It just wont start but dashboard lights up or displays.

saturntech9

November, 22, 2013 AT 8:23 AM

So this car was in water flood?If so stay far away from it no telling the extent of the damage plus problems you will see later for years to come down the road.

Wrenchtech

November, 22, 2013 AT 9:00 AM

I totally agree with Saturntech. Why would you ever want to buy a flood car? Unless you only need the sheet metal parts, that will be the biggest nightmare you ever had. There are all kinds of expensive electronic modules, some at floorboard level. The insurance companies total those for a reason.

abbastijani

November, 22, 2013 AT 9:11 AM

Guys,

Thanks for your response.I am just thinking this flood is not totally submerged. The dashboard displays well.

Wrenchtech

November, 22, 2013 AT 9:22 AM

If it reached the bottom of the seats, it's junk.

abbastijani

November, 22, 2013 AT 9:27 AM

Ok guys. Appreciate!

saturntech9

November, 22, 2013 AT 10:23 AM

Plus the inline connectors corrodi g down the road and causing all kinds of issues.I have seen cars that just HV water leaks when it rains caused big problems. Glad we could help you. Thanks for the assist wrenchtech.

Cabin Air Filter Replacement Saturn Vue
Open Hood Video
Instrument Cluster Replacement GMC Yukon