WHY DOES MY 6 SPEED 1600 ML NOT START EVERY TIME I TURN KEY TO START?

2011 Toyota Corolla

irv

April, 13, 2012 AT 7:58 PM

I bought my car brand new. I live in Israel. My car was made in japan. It is great except for: periodically the engine does not start when I turn the key to Start. My car is a standard transmission. Eg. This morning, after not driving for overnight, I turned the key to start. I heard a whirring noise but the engine did not start. I turned off the key. I repeated this about 5 times. Sometimes I depressed the clutch while starting and sometimes in neutral with clutch not depressed.
the engine usually starts every time but now and again, when I turn the key to start, I hear a whirring noise but the engine does not start.

I would greatly appreciate your input and whether a recall has been done for this car related to this.

thank you. Albert Calman

fixitmr

April, 13, 2012 AT 8:54 PM

Whirring means starter drive is not engaging. Starter solenoid is not working properly.

fixitmr

April, 13, 2012 AT 9:00 PM

Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Fuel Pump Test Chevy Tahoe
Fuel Pump Pressure Test
Fuel Pump Replacement