Why does my 6 speed 1600 ml Corolla not start every time I turn key to START?

IRV
  • 2011 TOYOTA COROLLA

I bought my car brand new. I live in Israel. My car was made in japan. It is great except for: periodically the engine does not start when I turn the key to Start. My car is a standard transmission. Eg. This morning, after not driving for overnight, I turned the key to start. I heard a whirring noise but the engine did not start. I turned off the key. I repeated this about 5 times. Sometimes I depressed the clutch while starting and sometimes in neutral with clutch not depressed.
the engine usually starts every time but now and again, when I turn the key to start, I hear a whirring noise but the engine does not start.

I would greatly appreciate your input and whether a recall has been done for this car related to this.

thank you. Albert Calman

Friday, April 13th, 2012 AT 7:58 PM

FIXITMR

Whirring means starter drive is not engaging. Starter solenoid is not working properly.

Friday, April 13th, 2012 AT 8:54 PM