START PROBLEM

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee

CrisBR

October, 16, 2013 AT 6:18 PM

Dear, my 2011 Grand Cherokee Laredo (VIS 1J4RR4GG9BC709626) has an intermittent starting problem. It is not always, but happened 4 times in the last 30 days. Basically, it doesn´t start at the first try, it cranks and cranks but doesn't start. Then I just press the start button (switching off and on ) without pressing the brake pedal. After that, I press the brake pedal and the start button and the car starts right up normally. It looks like the car is out of gasoline, but for sure it isn´t. I took the car to a Jeep Garage and they said I must change an engine module (part # is 05150656AA) that cost around USD 2.5 k here in Brazil. Too expensive! However, it sounds they don´t know what is actually the reason of the problem and just want to sell me an expensive part to make money. I would appreciate if you could help me? Thank you very much!

Jacobandnickolas

October, 16, 2013 AT 6:28 PM

When it doesn't start, have you been able to check fuel pump pressure and for spark to the engine?

CrisBR

October, 16, 2013 AT 6:38 PM

No I don t how to do it.

Jacobandnickolas

October, 16, 2013 AT 6:45 PM

Go to our homepage under the DIY section and you will find both directions and videos showing you how to do it. Let me know what you find.

Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Fuel Pump Replacement
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right
Fuel Pump Test Chevy Tahoe