2010 HYUNDAI SANTA FE 2.2R DIESEL FILTER

• Fisher
  • 2010 Hyundai Santa Fe
  • AWD
  • automatic

Water in engine compartment fuel filter bowl. The vehicle handbook says that if warning light comes on head immediately for Hyundai service centre. As I travel in outback/country areas that may not be possible. How can I, "on the road". Drain the filter bowl, new filter fitted if req, and system bled for air. I know there is a fuel pump in the tank. There are several sensing wires attached to the filter housing. I don't know if there is a second pump at that point. Access is limited from above, service centre said they access from underneath, which would be difficult "on the road". It appears to me that the unit could be removed from the vehicle, with difficulty, is this the way to do it? There is no manual pump to bleed the system, however, I understand the service people after reassembly leave certain wires off the filter and use the in tank pump to pressurise the system. I don't know how they bleed the air.

Thursday, December 30th, 2010 AT 9:00 AM

• mhpautos

With all filters and traps replaced or drained and cleaned, the system if it has no hand primer (check for a button primer on the top of the filter housing), will self prim on cranking, SSangyong do it this way, so may be yours will also if no external primer is evident.

Sunday, January 2nd, 2011 AT 8:29 AM
  • Fisher

Mark, thank you. There is no hand primer evident, however your advice on self priming is usefull and seems to agree with other info obtained.

Many thanks 'Fisher'.

Friday, January 7th, 2011 AT 5:07 AM
  • mhpautos

Your welcome, I hope you get this sorted out, let me know if you still have problems and I will look into it further.

Friday, January 7th, 2011 AT 8:33 AM