2.2R DIESEL FILTER

2010 Hyundai Santa Fe

Fisher

December, 30, 2010 AT 9:00 AM

Water in engine compartment fuel filter bowl. The vehicle handbook says that if warning light comes on head immediately for Hyundai service centre. As I travel in outback/country areas that may not be possible. How can I, "on the road". Drain the filter bowl, new filter fitted if req, and system bled for air. I know there is a fuel pump in the tank. There are several sensing wires attached to the filter housing. I don't know if there is a second pump at that point. Access is limited from above, service centre said they access from underneath, which would be difficult "on the road". It appears to me that the unit could be removed from the vehicle, with difficulty, is this the way to do it? There is no manual pump to bleed the system, however, I understand the service people after reassembly leave certain wires off the filter and use the in tank pump to pressurise the system. I don't know how they bleed the air.

mhpautos

January, 2, 2011 AT 8:29 AM

With all filters and traps replaced or drained and cleaned, the system if it has no hand primer (check for a button primer on the top of the filter housing), will self prim on cranking, SSangyong do it this way, so may be yours will also if no external primer is evident.

Fisher

January, 7, 2011 AT 5:07 AM

Mark, thank you. There is no hand primer evident, however your advice on self priming is usefull and seems to agree with other info obtained.

Many thanks 'Fisher'.

mhpautos

January, 7, 2011 AT 8:33 AM

Your welcome, I hope you get this sorted out, let me know if you still have problems and I will look into it further.

Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Honda Civic
Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Porsche 911
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Chevrolet Tahoe
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Saturn Vue
Cabin Air Filter Replacement