2010 FORD EXPLORER BATTERY DRAIN

• cdoves
  • 2010 Ford Explorer

I have gone through 3 batteries in the past six months. As soon as the car sits for a day or two the battery is dead. Went to get a quick free alternator, starter test and they said both were fine. I finally take it to a dealership. They just called and said my starter is drawing excessive ampage and that is why I have the long crank. I didn't even know I had a long crank. I ask if the starter would drain the battery as it sits and they said no but that my starter problem would cause it not to start. I keep trying to tell them that my issue is that something is draining my battery. If we recharge the battery the car starts no problem. Something is not adding up to me and they won't allow me to talk to the tech directly? I really don't understand that part. Anyhow will a bad starter drain the battery when the car sits idle for a couple days?

Wednesday, October 2nd, 2013 AT 9:01 AM

• saturntech9

It's possible tell the dealer you have it at you want them to check. For. Excessive parasitic draw.

Wednesday, October 2nd, 2013 AT 9:22 AM
  • cdoves

Thank you for your response. I did have them check and they said they found no drains. I guess I will just give the ok to replace the starter but I just can't fight the gut feeling that the starter is not my main problem. It's just frustrating. Thank you again for your time

Wednesday, October 2nd, 2013 AT 10:03 AM
  • saturntech9

If it still. Drains. Let me know. And we. Will. Talk more about it.

Wednesday, October 2nd, 2013 AT 10:08 AM