2.5 SL. HAVING TROUBLE STARING UP SOMETIMES

2009 Nissan Altima

Robbiewalker46

September, 30, 2013 AT 5:15 PM

This problem is getting very aggravating. My car sometimes won't start and I have to keep on trying it until it starts up when I hit the button it will switch from acc then to off and after the first time it doesn't start then the break is hard to to push down any answers out there will be very helpful

Ty Anderson

September, 30, 2013 AT 5:34 PM

I think the reason your brake pedal is feeling hard is because the vacuum stored (in the brake booster) is depleted when pressing the brake pedal several times, which is normal.
For the no start first check for service engine soon light. Is the service engine light on when the engine is running?
If it is not, then check the mass air flow sensor for any obstruction on the hot film resistors. If there is no restriction then spray off resistors with mass air flow sensor cleaner (most retail auto parts suppliers carry this) and reinstall mass air flow sensor back in and try to restart. Let me know.

Robbiewalker46

September, 30, 2013 AT 5:37 PM

Where is the mass air flow sensor located

Ty Anderson

September, 30, 2013 AT 5:42 PM

Just after the air filter I think it has four wires running to it. It has two screws securing it to the intake tube. Remove the electrical connector and screws to remove (key off when doing this) the sensor to inspect.

Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Fuel Pump Replacement
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right