Oil Change

AARNIKO
  • 2009 HONDA ACCORD

The last time I did an oil change was in November 2011. After which I had the car sit idle for 5 months and then I drove it about 500 miles when I came back from my long trip and then again idle for about 3 months with no driving.

Now that I am back for good I am not sure if I really need to do the oil change or not because I checked my oil and it looks like I just had an oil change. So since my last oil change was 9 months ago and the cars only done about 600 miles I am not sure if I really need to get an oil change.

I know there is a popular belief among car owners that you should do an oil change every 3 months irrespective of whether you drive or not. Please advice.

Monday, September 10th, 2012 AT 3:05 PM

SATURNTECH9

I would change the oil moisture etc builds up in the oil over time. Oil changes are one of the most important maintance items you can do.

Monday, September 10th, 2012 AT 3:19 PM