Engine will crank but will not start

ELIASARREDONDO
  • 2009 DODGE CHARGER

2009 dodge charger cranks but wont start where do I start checking where are the fuses located got no owners manual was running fine parked it wernt for and errand and zip crank but wont start checked fuses under hood cannt find fusebox no owners manual

Tuesday, October 11th, 2011 AT 4:11 AM

Do below

http://www.2carpros.com/articles/car-cranks-but-wont-start

Get a helper disconnect a sparkplug wire or 2 and ground it to the engine atleast 3/16 away from ground-have helper crank engine over-do you have a snapping blue spark? If so-you have a fuel related problem, Do you hear the fuel pump come On when you turn key on? If not check fuel pump fuse and fuel pump relay if okay-check the fuel pressure to rule out the fuel filter/fuel pump/pressure regulator and listen to the injector/s are they pulsing or hook up a noid light. No snapping blue spark continue to troubleshoot the ignition system-power input to the coil/coil packs,coil's resistances,cap and rotor,distributor pick-up coil, ignition control module, cam and crank sensors and computer Note: If it doesn't apply disregard it and keep testing

If both fuel and spark is present-check the valve and ignition timing, this will lead you to problems
with compression and valves opening and closing at the wrong time/broken or jumped timing
belt/chain.

Tuesday, October 11th, 2011 AT 4:15 AM
BOOT
  • 2009 DODGE CHARGER

I have a 2009 dodge charger, the problem is, when I put my key in nothing happens. The car wont start. The instrument panel don't work either. I get nothing. But I can lock, and unlock the doors, and even pop the trunk from the key. I don't think its a fuse, last night I got stuck at the store. I didn't know what to do so I just turned the key on and off, over and over again and after about 50 flips of the switch, it started. When I got home it wouldn't start. But i'm having all fuses checked now.

Monday, April 24th, 2017 AT 10:17 AM (Merged)
NIGHTHSAINTS

What happen with this? I have the same exact problem with the same exact car & mileage.

2CARPROS KEN

This sounds like a run relay in the Integrated power control module. that has gone bad. But to be sure we will need to do some testing. Here is a diagram and a guide to help you get the problem fixed.

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-check-an-electrical-relay-and-wiring-control-circuit

Please run this test and get back to us so we can continue helping you.

Cheers, Ken

BRAZIE
  • 2009 DODGE CHARGER

When I turn the key the radio and lights will be on but the car just won't start. A couple days before the heater was giving me problems also, it wouldn't stay hot. I don't know if this has anything to do with why it won't start just thought i'd mention it. Please let me know asap. That is my only car and I don't know what to do.

DOCFIXIT

Maybe battery can you get a jump? If have volt meter measure BATT voltage MUIST be 12.45 or higher

UMANAS33
  • 2009 DODGE CHARGER

2009 dodge charger wont start, you don't hear anything, but the head lights and interior lights are on, but the radio, and windows don't work. What does this sound like it is!

I'd have to be sure the battery has a full charge and battery connections coming and going are clean and tight. Then, I may have to check feed to and from ignition switch.

OLANDRIA
  • 2009 DODGE CHARGER

I went out to start my car this morning and it would crank, but it won't turn over and start. I replaced the fuel pump relay, but it did not solve the problem. What else could the problem be. My vehicle has 93,057 miles. I have had a problem with it doing nothing when I turned my key fob in the ignition, but when I turned it off and restarted it, it would start right up. After having body repairs after an accident, my horn stopped working and my dash fuse kept going out. I don't know if any of this is related to the problem. Can someone please help me?

Okay, you replaced the fuel pump relay, but have you checked to see if the fuel pressure to the rail is within the manufacturer's specs? Have you checked for spark at the plugs?

• 2009 DODGE CHARGER

My keyfob will not start my dodge charger. When I turn the igbiyion a red light that flashes? What happend

Monday, April 24th, 2017 AT 10:18 AM (Merged)
ASEMASTER6371

Factory or aftermarket set up?