Engine will crank but will not start

ELIASARREDONDO
  • 2009 DODGE CHARGER
Where do I start checking? Where are the fuses located? I do not have an owners manual. It was running fine parked it went for and errand and zip cranks but will not start. Checked fuses under hood cannot find fuse box.
Tuesday, October 11th, 2011 AT 4:11 AM

It sounds like you have a crankshaft angle sensor that has gone bad which will make the engine not run and it will not show any trouble codes. Here are two guides and will help and the location of the crankshaft position sensor in the diagrams below. I would also check the fuel pump relay location below.

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/crankshaft-angle-sensor-replacement

and

http://www.2carpros.com/articles/car-cranks-but-wont-start

I do not know what engine you have so I gave all options below.

Check out the diagrams (below). Please let us know what you find. We are interested to see what it is.

Cheers
+2
Tuesday, October 11th, 2011 AT 4:15 AM
BOOT
  • 2009 DODGE CHARGER
The problem is, when I put my key in nothing happens. The car will not start. The instrument panel do not work either. I get nothing, but I can lock, and unlock the doors, and even pop the trunk from the key. I do not think it is a fuse. Last night I got stuck at the store. I did not know what to do so I just turned the key on and off, over and over again and after about fifty flips of the switch, it started. When I got home it would not start. But I am having all fuses checked now.
Monday, April 24th, 2017 AT 10:17 AM (Merged)
NIGHTHSAINTS
What happen with this? I have the same exact problem with the same exact car and mileage.
+2
KEN

This sounds like a run relay in the Integrated power control module. That has gone bad. But to be sure we will need to do some testing. Here is a diagram and a guide to help you get the problem fixed:

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-check-an-electrical-relay-and-wiring-control-circuit

Please run this test and get back to us so we can continue helping you.

Cheers, Ken
BRAZIE
  • 2009 DODGE CHARGER
When I turn the key the radio and lights will be on but the car just will not start. A couple days before the heater was giving me problems also, it would not stay hot. I do not know if this has anything to do with why it will not start just thought I would mention it. Please let me know ASAP. This is my only car and I do not know what to do.
DOCFIXIT
Maybe battery, can you get a jump? If have volt meter measure battery voltage must be 12.45 or higher.
UMANAS33
  • 2009 DODGE CHARGER
Will not start, you do not hear anything, but the head lights and interior lights are on, but the radio, and windows do not work. What does this sound like it is?
I would have to be sure the battery has a full charge and battery connections coming and going are clean and tight. Then, I may have to check feed to and from ignition switch.
OLANDRIA
  • 2009 DODGE CHARGER
I went out to start my car this morning and it would crank, but it will not turn over and start. I replaced the fuel pump relay, but it did not solve the problem. What else could the problem be? I have had a problem with it doing nothing when I turned my key fob in the ignition, but when I turned it off and restarted it, it would start right up. After having body repairs after an accident, my horn stopped working and my dash fuse kept going out. I do not know if any of this is related to the problem. Can someone please help me?
Okay, you replaced the fuel pump relay, but have you checked to see if the fuel pressure to the rail is within the manufacturer's specs? Have you checked for spark at the plugs?
RCROCHET
  • 2009 DODGE CHARGER
I had this problem I had to replace the crankshaft angle sensor I got new one $56.00 all fixed! I love this site.
Monday, April 24th, 2017 AT 10:18 AM (Merged)
ASEMASTER6371
Factory or aftermarket set up?

GARY1962
  • 2007 DODGE CHARGER
Dealership said my transmission pump was bad, so I replaced pump. Now car wont start. It ran fine before changing pump. Had the car jacked up pretty high on one side and battery disconnected for couple weeks. Any idea what the problem could be? Also, no codes are coming up.
Friday, September 21st, 2018 AT 1:04 PM (Merged)
Try resetting security system battery was disconnected so it set security. See link.
https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-reset-a-security-system
-1
GARY1962
Tried all reset security options you suggested, still not starting. I do not think it was bad, but replaced crank sensor located on nag 1 transmission bell. Still not starting.
-1
Scan for codes and check fuel pressure with a gauge then auto parts rent it. See link.
https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-check-fuel-system-pressure-and-regulator
https://www.2carpros.com/articles/car-cranks-but-wont-start
-1
KEN
Hey Gary,

It sounds like you left one of the system grounds off up a the bellhousing. Can you recheck the grounds and get back to us please?

Sometimes eletronics can go out by just sitting there as well such as a fuel pump or a crankshaft angle sensor.

Here are a couple of guides to help.

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-test-an-ignition-system.

Please run some tests and get back to us so we can continue helping you.

Best, Ken

-1
GARY1962
Checked fuel pump, it's good. Not showing any codes, but battery was disconnected for awhile and it hasn't started since. Checked ground on transmission, that's good. There is just the one ground there, right? Another thing, should the engine have power going to it even when key is off? The fuel injectors and ignition coils still light up even though key is off. Also I put a new cam position sensor on it. I can't figure it out!
-1
QU33NLA01
  • 2006 DODGE CHARGER
I gave someone a jump after that my lights and horn works but my car won't start I disconnected the battery and tried getting a jump myself that didn't work
Try resetting security system if no manual look online. Also check for bad fuses under hood.
-1