Service rsc now Mercury Mountaineer

RMOORE2014
  • 2008 MERCURY MOUNTAINEER
  • AWD
A few weeks ago my rsc service light, ABs, and traction came on and when trying to drive vehicle it was like wheels would lock up. Put on abs computer tester and driver side wheel sensor was bad. Changed bearing hub and sensor and car ride fine for a few weeks. Yesterday the lights came in again but wheels didn't lock but sometimes it feels as though I am pushing the brakes when I start off like something is catching. Computer showed bad speed sensors on both dudes. Changed drivers side again and cleaned passenger because it showed. It wasn't very dirty. Light still on and still acts like I am braking when u start off. Could it be my abs pump or could it be the passenger side sensor bad but not dirty?

Why does it feel like I am hitting brake instead of gas when I start off?

If I remove the Abs fuse it runs fine.
Saturday, May 17th, 2014 AT 5:46 PM

WRENCHTECH
Reading your question I see you do have traction control, That system is having a problem. See if there is a switch to shut off traction control. Most cars have one.
Sunday, May 18th, 2014 AT 5:27 PM
RMOORE2014
Just wanted to share that we changed the bearing/hub on passenger side also and that fixed it. Thanks for your help though.
-1
Monday, May 19th, 2014 AT 6:39 PM
KEN
Glad you could get it fixed please use 2CarPros. Com anytime we are here to help

Best, Ken
Thursday, December 15th, 2016 AT 7:40 PM