2008 HONDA CRV

• godzilla59
  • 2008 Honda CRV

My wife has an 08 crv. Recently I attempted to add washer fluid and it leaked out the bottom of the resevoir very quickly. I could not see where it was leaking out as the darn resevoir has a long neck and the main body of it is completely hidden. Anyway, she took it to a service shop (we were hoping a hose came loose) and they replaced the whole resevoir and a little motor that attaches to it at a cost of nearly $300. We asked for the parts and there simply isn't any leak and if that motor is the one that pumps out the fluid, well it was working as I had my wife put it on while I was trying to fill it. Did we get ripped off? Thanks for any input, I will be calling a Honda service dept. To see if there were any recalls/probs with this. Thanks for any help.

Monday, February 21st, 2011 AT 1:46 PM

• mhpautos

If the old reservoir and motor were ok, I would be asking the question as well, I would be a bit suspicious as well.

Mhpautos

Monday, February 21st, 2011 AT 2:02 PM
  • godzilla59

Hello and thank you for your reply. Although we have the parts and all (appearing to be in working order), I wonder how we are to approach the service shop that did the work.I guess we would like somewhat of a refund but how? Anyway, thanks again!

Monday, February 21st, 2011 AT 3:06 PM
  • mhpautos

Just present the parts and ask where the fault is.

Mhpautos

Monday, February 21st, 2011 AT 9:37 PM