MY WIFE HAS AN 08 CRV

2008 Honda CRV

godzilla59

February, 21, 2011 AT 1:46 PM

My wife has an 08 crv. Recently I attempted to add washer fluid and it leaked out the bottom of the resevoir very quickly. I could not see where it was leaking out as the darn resevoir has a long neck and the main body of it is completely hidden. Anyway, she took it to a service shop (we were hoping a hose came loose) and they replaced the whole resevoir and a little motor that attaches to it at a cost of nearly $300. We asked for the parts and there simply isn't any leak and if that motor is the one that pumps out the fluid, well it was working as I had my wife put it on while I was trying to fill it. Did we get ripped off? Thanks for any input, I will be calling a Honda service dept. To see if there were any recalls/probs with this. Thanks for any help.

mhpautos

February, 21, 2011 AT 2:02 PM

If the old reservoir and motor were ok, I would be asking the question as well, I would be a bit suspicious as well.

Mhpautos

godzilla59

February, 21, 2011 AT 3:06 PM

Hello and thank you for your reply. Although we have the parts and all (appearing to be in working order), I wonder how we are to approach the service shop that did the work.I guess we would like somewhat of a refund but how? Anyway, thanks again!

mhpautos

February, 21, 2011 AT 9:37 PM

Just present the parts and ask where the fault is.

Mhpautos

Fix a Door That Will Not Close With Ease
Door Lock Replacement Toyota 4Runner
Instrument Cluster Replacement GMC Yukon
Headlight Bulb Replacement Volkswagen Jetta
Brake Light Bulb Replacement Subaru Legacy
Trunk Shock Replacement Porsche Carrera 911