I GO TO TURN THE IGNITION ON AND MY CAR DOESNT ...

2008 Ford Focus

Anonymous

December, 31, 2012 AT 3:12 PM

I go to turn the ignition on and my car doesn't want to turn over. I hear ticking in the ignition but nothing more happens afterwards. My car has mentionned something in the dash about my hand break and I see the battery light come on. My break pedal is not soft like usual and the needles in the dashboard kinda tweek after I stop turning the key in the ignition.

I Have plugged the vehicle over night because of -15 temperature and I also tried boosting my vehicle. Still nothing has changed. My car was working perfectly fine before hand and I parked it for two days without using it and all of a sudden no longer starts. I've checked my oil and there is also half a tank of gas in the car. There seems to be a lot of juice in the vehicle from the battery because my alarm set off and it wasn't a weak sound. The lights inside the vehicle and external lights work. However, when I put down my emergency break the lights seem to shut out from everywhere including headlights.

Can someone please help! I'm not convinced it's a big problem but maybe there is something i'm doing wrong or there is something jammed preventing me from starting my vehicle.

Starter Motor Replacement Ford Mustang
Battery Replacement Guide
Starter Replacement
Battery Replacement
Battery Replacement Ford Contour 1996-2000