2008 Dodge Charger Wont Start

AAPITTS24
  • 2008 DODGE CHARGER
  • RWD
I try to start it up but it doesn't make a sound nor do I have any power or lights on my gauges.
Monday, October 13th, 2014 AT 1:48 PM

What have you checked so far? Have you checked the battery cables or whether the battery is dead? Did you try a jump-start?
Monday, October 13th, 2014 AT 3:28 PM
AAPITTS24
I have checked the battery the fuses, tried to jump it off, and the checked the starter relay.
Monday, October 13th, 2014 AT 3:32 PM
The battery will measure 12.6 volts if it's fully-charged. If it's at 12.2 volts, it's good but discharged. That isn't sufficient for cranking the engine but the head lights and dash lights would still work. Jump-starting would have worked too unless there was a poor connection on one of the cable clamps.

The most common cause of everything being dead is a bad battery wire connection. Follow the smaller positive battery wire to the under-hood fuse box. Be sure that connection is clean and tight. Follow the smaller negative battery wire to the body and be sure that one isn't rusty or loose. If that one goes under the battery tray, look for other corroded ground wires in that area too.
Monday, October 13th, 2014 AT 4:42 PM
AAPITTS24
My battery is in the trunk and theres no corosion
Monday, October 13th, 2014 AT 4:47 PM
Doesn't matter. The positive wire goes to a fuse box and the negative one has to go to the body.
Monday, October 13th, 2014 AT 4:52 PM
AAPITTS24
Do u think it could be my key fob thats not letting it start?
Monday, October 13th, 2014 AT 4:55 PM
The head lights and dash lights would still work.
Monday, October 13th, 2014 AT 4:58 PM
AAPITTS24
My headlights work but nothing else does
Monday, October 13th, 2014 AT 5:01 PM
I can't remember how your car is wired, but I think the battery wires have to be okay if the head lights work. The reason I'm discounting the key is you should have a display on the dash just from opening the door. Interior lights should work too. All of these things have a computer involved now so a lot of seemingly unrelated problems can all have one common cause. Check for a blown fuse under the hood and inside the car. It won't be labelled as such, but the main suspects are fuses for the Body Computer.
Monday, October 13th, 2014 AT 5:09 PM