My 2008 Dodge Grand Caravan has a noise coming from the front end. Here is what we know.
* IT starts at about 30mph
* The "pitch" of the noise goes up as we accelerate
* The noise does NOT change pitch when turning
* Checked the Wheel Bearing with a stethoscope & no noise in the bearings although right side shaft has a little play/movement
* There is no noticable vibration with the noise. Just your typical engine vibration.
* It is not tire noise. We had 2 new tires put on front, noticed noise, put those on back and 2 NEW ones on front. Noise did not change.
* Allignment has been completed with no change in the noise.
Thank you for your help. We have a 2500 mile trip planned for this weekend and need to be sure it's safe to drive or get it fixed by thursday.
It's a hum. Like a vibration noise but there is no feeling of vibration. Our initial thought was that it was road noise. You know when you go over a new road that's been laid but not sealed? It's that noise. Hope that helps.
have the same problem?
Monday, April 23rd, 2012 AT 3:32 PM