ENGINE SHUTDOWN AFTER 5-10 S

2008 Dodge Caliber

amjedjaber

June, 20, 2012 AT 6:34 PM

I start engine normaly and drived for engine heat becom normal ( half gage) and I can drive for any time normaly but when I turnoff engine and attempt to start engine after short time period from engine turnoff, engine start normaly and with out any code or errer and when I let go engine for 15-20 min to cool engin I can start engin normaly and drive for any period but if I stop and turn off engine the problem return and I must let go engine cool.

Cj Stalling When Idling

Stalling Out

saturntech9

June, 20, 2012 AT 6:36 PM

When it doesnt start will it crank no start or no crank no start?

amjedjaber

June, 21, 2012 AT 4:29 PM

Yes crank and engine start normaly then shutdown happen after 5-10 s
i am so sorry for error in my text : I start engine normaly and drived for engine heat becom normal ( half gage) and I can drive for any time normaly but when I turnoff engine and attempt to start engine (after short time period from engine turnoff) engine start normaly and shutdown after 5-10 s with out any code or errer and when I let go engine for 15-30 min to cool engin I can start engine normaly and drive for any period, but if I stop and turn off engine the problem return and I must let go engine cool to start again.

saturntech9

June, 21, 2012 AT 4:44 PM

So when it wont start for 15-30 mins does the engine crank meaning the starter is spining it around trying to start it?Or there is a no crank no start meaning the starter is inop?I need to know this?

amjedjaber

June, 21, 2012 AT 9:59 PM

The starting normal and engine runing normal and I can drive car for any time period (1h, 2h.) Until I stop and shutoff engine every think ok, but if I comeback to start engine ( before engine heat down from normal 1/2 to 1/3 temperature gage, therfor I leave the car for 15-30 mins to let engine heat down under 1/3 gage, I mean after I leave car for short time and rutern to operate car ) engine start normal and engine operate (run ) normal but after 5-10 s engine shutdown.
There is no problem with starting process or engine opration but the problem engine shutdown after 5-10 s after good start and runing, thats if I dont let engine temp. Down 1/3 or less.
The problem happens when I press full accelerator to have high rpm 4000 befor 5 month and know I use car but I let engine heat down befor second starting,
thanks

saturntech9

June, 21, 2012 AT 10:47 PM

Iam still not getting the answer to the question iam asking. Does the starter work and turn the engine over when it doesnt start?Please answer that question so we can move on with figuring this out.

amjedjaber

June, 22, 2012 AT 9:18 AM

No, the starter work and turn the engine normal.
In the end of your question you saied ( when it doesnt start ),
my car start and engine work after that engine shutdown (after 5-10s of work)

saturntech9

June, 22, 2012 AT 9:30 AM

Do you have any codes in the computer?Have you checked for codes yet?

amjedjaber

June, 22, 2012 AT 10:15 AM

No I didnt checked for codes.

saturntech9

June, 22, 2012 AT 10:57 AM

Lets check for codes if you have any I need the exact code numbers not code descriptions.