Equinox Coolant Level Increase

MIKOSH6
  • 2008 CHEVROLET EQUINOX
  • AWD
I purchased my 2008 Equinox with 3.4L V6 in Feb 2010. The cylinder heads and exhaust valves were replaced under warranty in April 2010. One thing I kept careful track of after the warranty work was the coolant level. It remained pretty much just above the seam in the reservoir bottle; about half way up when cool. I am currently on a 2000 mile road trip. Before leaving home I checked the coolant level and all was as usual, just above the seam. However, I now notice the coolant level has increased by almost 3/4" above the old level when cool. The car runs perfectly; temperature gauge indicates exactly where it always did when engine is hot. Should I be concerned about this coolant level increase? I have another 1000 miles to drive in a weeks time; would hate to get stranded on the side of the road!
Thanks,
Mike
Wednesday, March 23rd, 2011 AT 10:14 PM

2CEXPT
You shouldn't be just keep an eye on the level when it goes up pass the line and coolant boiling-
+1
Wednesday, March 23rd, 2011 AT 10:24 PM
MIKOSH6
Thanks rasmataz. Any idea why I'd be seeing this increased level?
Mike
Wednesday, March 23rd, 2011 AT 10:48 PM
2CEXPT
Maybe its not filled properly and due to expansion
Wednesday, March 23rd, 2011 AT 11:34 PM

Sponsored links