2007 Saturn Aura Electrical Problems

AJS525
  • 2007 SATURN ASTRA

I have a 2007 Aura SE 3.5L and I am having problems with the door lock switches. Both of the switches, passenger and driver side, do not work. They operate fine when using the remote key pad but not when I press them manually inside of the vehicle. They also work fine when the car is shifted into park. They both failed at the same time.

Also, when I remove the key from the ignition and open the door a bell chimes a couple of times and a little lock symbol lights up on the left side of the instrument panel.

When I unlock the car with the keyless remote and open the door the horn beeps until I put the key in the igintion.

Does the addition of these two other symptons indicate a module problem? Are either of the two fixes expensive?

Wednesday, February 23rd, 2011 AT 7:33 PM

BILLYMAC

Hi well they indicate an alarm system malfuntion. Expensive probably not but this will require a dealer.

Thursday, February 24th, 2011 AT 10:04 PM