2007 MITSUBISHI GRANDIS BRAKES

• nitopap
  • 2007 Mitsubishi Grandis
  • automatic

Good day! I noticed that every time I had to brake hard and depress the brake pedal suddenly and deeply, I hear a metallic grinding sound, after which a swooshing, whistling sound can be heard when I release the brake. The swooshing sound goes on but disappears later, especially after I pump the brake pedal up and down. It has been like this since I bought the car. I described the noise to the Mitsubishi service center but they did not address it and no one can explain to me what it is. I saw a post here that seems to describing the same thing in his Grandis (same year), but have yet to come across another model that describes what I just wrote here. If this is normal for this make, is there anyway to minimize that swooshing sound? I forgot to mention that I have to apply the brakes deeper after braking hard wen I have to make stops. It goes back to normal eventually though.

Sunday, March 9th, 2014 AT 10:20 AM

• hmac300

Have your brakes checked for wear and have the vacuum booster checked it may be leaking causing the swooshing sound.

Sunday, March 9th, 2014 AT 11:11 AM