What is causing the check engine light to flash?

WEEKSLM
  • 2007 MERCURY MOUNTAINEER
My 2007 Mercury Mountaineer has been running a bit rough while accelerating, around 1500 to 2000 rpms. However, it runs perfectly when I manually turn the overdrive off. This morning, while accelerating on the highway, the engine light started to flash for about 30 seconds. I immediately took my foot off the gas and the light went out. It has not come back on, and I have been careful not to make any fast accelerations or stops. However, I am concerns about what the issue may be and how much it may end up costing me. Ugh!

Monday, November 28th, 2011 AT 9:51 PM

PROAUTOTECH
Have it scanned for free at the car parts store right away before the code gets cleared by your car. Let me know what the codes are.
Monday, November 28th, 2011 AT 9:54 PM
WEEKSLM
Well I was told it was misfiring on the 1st and 2nd cylinder. So they said I would need new sparkplugs first then possibly new coils. Does that sound right?
Tuesday, November 29th, 2011 AT 6:28 PM
PROAUTOTECH
Sounds right, do the plugs, the've probably never been done. Notice the gap difference between them and the new ones.
+1
Tuesday, November 29th, 2011 AT 10:04 PM

Related Check Engine Light Content