07 RX8 ENGINE LIGHT FLASHINGLEFT WORKIDLE ROUGH ...

2007 Mazda RX8

Airman07

January, 20, 2011 AT 3:20 AM

07 rx8, engine light flashing, left work, idle rough and wont stay running at idle by itself. Cat. Converter glowing red, pipe was clogged from Catalytic interior busted up, oxygen sensor melted. Had diag, run on it while I kept it running"#2 missing and running lean". I Gutted converter, Replaced all plugs, 2 coils had white burn mark circles, replaced those. Car starts better, smooth at high rpm. Still won't idle on its own, rough idle, white to bluish exahaust, "guess from being gutted, didnt do it before, expected"Eng light still flashing. Going to put new caty on it. Am I missing anything else? And for ref, What is fireing order on coils and eng block? Coils front to rear and block, Trailing plugs front to rear and Leading plugs front to rear. Please help! Wifes car, very expensive, have to do myself, hard cause im disabled. Right leg. Im new to rotor eng, but eaiser for me to work on. Again, wht am I missing. And Thank you for any info! Not sure of catagories.

Here are the diagrams for the firing order.

When misfiring occurs, the cat converter would glow red while engine is running due to excessive fuel getting to it and it is being overworked.

What was the EXACT trouble codes retrieved for the CEL indicating before gutting the cat converter?

Cylinder Head Valve Job Guide
Vacuum Leak Test and Repair - All Cars
Fuel Injector Replacement Ford 5.4L V8