SEAT BELT AND BATTERY LIGHT HAVE STARTED BLINKING

2007 Hyundai Santa Fe

honeycomb99

April, 22, 2012 AT 4:36 PM

My 2007 hyundai santa fe's Not consistent and not in sync with each other. I replaced the battery, but it is still doing it.?

Thurday on the way home from work my battery light and seat belt light started blinking. It happened the whole way home and was never really consistent. On and off. Sometimes together but not in sync, and sometimes it was just one or the other.

They would go off and then there wasn't a consistent time in between when it would come back on. I noticed it was more constant when I was at a higher speed. I took it to the place where I got my battery because it was still under warranty. They said it was my battery and replaced it with brand new one. As soon as I get out of the parking lot, the lights start blinking again.

What's the problem? Is it just a short somewhere? I was in the middle of looking for a new car and I don't want to spend any more money on this one, but I don't want to get less for a trade in if it's not a big problem. The car rides perfect and starts perfect.

Jacobandnickolas

April, 22, 2012 AT 4:48 PM

It could be several things. I would have the alternator checked to make sure it isn't failing and causing the lights to come on. Most parts stores will check it for free for you.

Seat Switch Replacement GMC Yukon