Starter Location

JUST ROSIE
  • 2007 HONDA CIVIC
Hello, my mechanic is replacing my starter for me. He just called and let me know that he cannot put the new the starter in without taking off the axle. I knew the starter in this car was complicated to get to, but is it that complicated? It just seemed a little odd to me, I was wondering if anyone knew. He said "between the block, plastic (plenum?) That wraps around behind the engine and that axel". I know absolutely nothing about cars so I just want to make sure this does not sound odd.
Thanks in advanced!
Tuesday, December 13th, 2016 AT 2:57 PM

STEVE W.
Well it is tucked in pretty good. It is almost directly over the axle. I recall that you need to drop the right tire off and an exhaust pipe to get room to work. But I do not think you have to pull the axle to get it out. It may be that he wants more room to work. Hard to say.
If you search youtube with "starter motor 2007 Civic" you can see the process. But as I said he may want more room to work.
+1
Tuesday, December 13th, 2016 AT 8:13 PM