Resetting the Engine Oil Life Display
* For an explanation of Maintenance Minder Codes and what service should be performed, refer to "Maintenance Reminder Service Codes".
Reset the display after completing the required maintenance service. You will see "OIL LIFE 100%" on the information display the next time you turn the ignition switch to the ON (II) position.
Reset the maintenance minder as follows:
NOTE: Vehicle must be stopped to reset.
1. Turn the ignition switch to the ON (II) position.
2. If oil life is more than 15%, Press the select/reset **** repeatedly until the engine oil life is displayed.
3. Press the select/reset **** for more than 10 seconds The engine oil life and the maintenance item code(s) will blink.
NOTE: If you are resetting the display when the engine oil life is more than 15%, make sure the maintenance items requiring service have been performed before resetting this display.
4. Press the select/reset **** for another 5 seconds. The maintenance item code(s) will disappear, and the engine oil life will reset to "100".
Important Maintenance Precautions
If you perform the required service but do not reset the display, or reset the display without doing the service, the system will not show the proper maintenance interval. This can lead to serious mechanical problems because you will no longer have an accurate record of when maintenance is needed.
For more comprehensive procedures regarding reading, interpreting and resetting maintenance minder data displayed on the information screen, See: Service Intervals
Saturday, January 8th, 2011 AT 7:02 PM