2007 Ford Escape won't start

DFELLOWS
  • 2007 FORD ESCAPE
When you try to start it the starter does engage and will turn the motor about a quarter of a turn and then nothing. The starter will continue to spin but not turn the motor.
Saturday, February 21st, 2015 AT 4:08 PM

CHICKEN OR THE EGG?

I THINK YOU HAVE ONE OF FOUR POSSIBLE ISSUES

1) STARTING OUT WITH THE MOST TERRIBLE, YOU MAY HAVE AN ENGINE PROBLEM, AN EXAMPLE IS: HEAD GASKET HAS LEAKED RADIATOR JUICE INTO A CYLINDER(S) SINCE WATER CANNOT BE COMPRESSED, THE ENGINE STOPS TURNING

2) NEXT TERRIBLE, YOUR STARTER MAY BE SHOT. HOLD OFF ON IT, TILL YOU TRY "3" AND "4" FIRST. YOUR STARTER CAN BE REMOVED AND BE "BENCH TESTED" AT AN AUTO PARTS STORE

3) 3 & 4 ARE ABOUT EQUAL, HOWEVER "3" MAY STILL COST SOME $$$, REMOVE THE BATTERY AND TAKE IT TO A POPULAR AUTO PARTS STORE. NORMALLY THEY WILL FULLY TEST IT FREE OF CHARGE, SOME PLACES WILL EVEN CHARGE IT FOR FREE, IF THATS WHAT IT NEEDS.

4) BEING THE LEAST EXPENSIVE (SMALL NOTHING KINDA PARTS COULD BE NECESSARY) MOST OF THE TIME THIS IS COMPLETELY FREE BUT WILL REQUIRE "SOME EFFORT" ON YOUR END. TO KEEP MY PECKING TO A MINIMUM, I HAVE ALREADY WRITTEN THIS AND INCLUDED A FEW PICS. PLEASE SEE "MY ANSWER" IN THIS LINK

http://www.2carpros.com/questions/1996-chevrolet-tahoe-wont-start-sounds-dead-battery-jumpbox-get-same-reults

YOU CAN TRY EITHER 3 OR 4 FIRST. I SUGGEST "3" FIRST, THEN IF THE PROBLEM PERSISTS, "4" WOULD BE THE NEXT STEP

DEPENDING ON YOUR LOCATION, THIS NEXT LINK, (PICS AT THE BOTTOM TOO) MAY WORK WELL, OR YOU MIGHT TRY TO SORTA MIMIC THE WAY IT WORKS AT ANOTHER AUTO STORE (MANY PEOPLE OVERLOOK THESE MONEY SAVERS) SHOULD YOU NEED A BATTERY, STARTER, OR ANYTHING ELSE, THIS CAN BE DONE IN THE PARKING LOT ON YOUR WHIZZY PHONE, BEFORE YOU JUST SPUR OF THE MOMENT MAKE A PURCHASE!

http://www.2carpros.com/questions/2001-dodge-neon-milage-just-want-put-fliuds-their-locations

RETURN TO THIS THREAD WITH SOME GOOD NEWS!

Saturday, February 21st, 2015 AT 5:57 PM