2007 Chevrolet Malibu New fuse box now?

KRISTINAWHITE09
  • 2007 CHEVROLET MALIBU
I've been getting O2 sensor codes for almost a month now. CEL is on. Codes are: P0036, P0141 and P0054. I've had my O2 sensor replaced (twice now). AC Delco is in there right now (bank 1 sensor 2). I took it to a shop and they said there's no battery voltage at the O2 sensor fuses/circuit inside the fuse box. He said the wiring "visually looks fine" and that I need a new fuse box. Does this sound right? He said the circuit inside the fuse box is what gives power to the O2 sensor wiring. The battery had the normal 12 volts. I just want to make sure this is even possible since I've already put about $1,000 in my car within the last month. I just don't want to get a new fuse box put in for $300 more and find out it was something else.
Monday, July 28th, 2014 AT 5:38 AM

WRENCHTECH
It's possible. Test for power on both sides of the :POST 02" fuse in the undehood fuse box.
Monday, July 28th, 2014 AT 6:45 AM
KRISTINAWHITE09
Thanks! He highlighted on the diagram where there's no battery voltage - Emission 1 and Post O2. He said there's a third area he couldn't test - Power distribution schematics - that could also be bad. I just wanted to make sure this would be possible before sinking more money into this thing. I've spent at least $500 on things people told me I need and it didn't fix anything.
Monday, July 28th, 2014 AT 7:31 AM
WRENCHTECH
It is possible but there are other fuses that feed these that could also be burnt.
Monday, July 28th, 2014 AT 7:37 AM
KRISTINAWHITE09
If there are other fuses that need to be replaced, would replacing the fuse box fix those too? Or are you saying there are other fuses in other boxes?
Monday, July 28th, 2014 AT 8:11 AM
WRENCHTECH
I'm saying you need to follow a wiring diagram and find out where that fuse gets it's power from. You wouldn't want to spend a couple hundred dollars if it's only a fuse or fusible link.
Monday, July 28th, 2014 AT 9:07 AM
KRISTINAWHITE09
The mechanic told me that there's no voltage at the circuit for the O2 sensor inside the actual fuse block and that the heater circuit that goes to my O2 sensor gets its power from the circuit inside the block. He said he was 100% sure but I wanted to be sure it could actually be the block itself before replacing it.
Monday, July 28th, 2014 AT 9:22 AM