Here is a description of the code and a trouble tree for it.
DTC P2070: Intake Manifold Tuning (IMT) Valve Stuck Open
The Engine Control Module (ECM) operates a solenoid to control the Intake Manifold Tuning (IMT) valve solenoid electrical. The solenoid is normally closed. By providing a ground path, the ECM energizes the solenoid.
Conditions for Setting the DTC
* Ignition ON.
* No IMT valve position sensor fault exists.
* No IMT valve solenoid fault exists.
* Ambient temperature is greater than -9.75 degrees C (14.45 degrees F).
* Battery voltage is between 9.95 and 25.89 V.
* DTC P2071 is not set.
* IMT valve flap is not completely closed.
Action Taken When the DTCs Sets
* The Malfunction Indicator Lamp (MIL) will illuminate.
* The ECM will record operating conditions at the time the diagnostic fails. This information will be stored in the Freeze Frame and Failure Records buffers.
* A history DTC is stored.
Conditions for Clearing the MIL/DTC
* The MIL will turn OFF at the end of 3 consecutive validation cycle in which the diagnostic runs without a fault.
* A history DTC will clear after 40 consecutive warm up cycles without a fault.
* DTC(s) can be cleared by using the scan tool.
Friday, December 10th, 2010 AT 7:49 PM