FUEL

2006 Pontiac G6

Ayden6

June, 8, 2013 AT 12:41 PM

Fuel cleaner was put in my fuel tank n my car hasn't been running right under my car by the catalytic converter and fuel filter there is a puddle of clear fluid in which seems like water what could it be?

caradiodoc

June, 8, 2013 AT 1:05 PM

Where is that puddle located? If it's inside of the right front tire and a little behind it, that is the condensation that is removed from the air by the air conditioning system. You have a problem when that puddle does not occur.

If it's near the middle or rear of the car that is likely water dripping from a drain hole in the muffler. Water is one of the byproducts of a properly functioning catalytic converter.

Ayden6

June, 8, 2013 AT 1:12 PM

I haven't been using my air conditioning. It leaking under on or along my exhaust there's like a screen looking thing by where the catalytic starts n it's a lot of water n I have been driving this car for three years never had this before

caradiodoc

June, 8, 2013 AT 1:38 PM

The only other thing I can think of is a leak in the cooling system but you should be seeing green or red liquid. How is the level in the coolant reservoir? Has it been going down lately? Do you see any wetness on that screen? It sounds like that might be a heat shield you're seeing. A leaking cylinder head gasket could result in some coolant leaking from the exhaust but typically you'll have a lot of white smoke coming from the tail pipe.

Ayden6

June, 8, 2013 AT 1:42 PM

I don't know ill bring it in thank u for your time

Catalytic Converter Replacement Volkswagen