Replaced motor in 06 Altima now car wont start

NISSANFREAK
  • 2006 NISSAN ALTIMA
I replaced the motor in 06 altima 3.5se, everything checking good all sensors are reading. The only problem is when the car is in "P" or "N" its not reading on dash panel. "R" "D" reads on dash panel. But car will not start because of this. All fuses checked good. All connections appear to be made. Is there something that needs to be reset in transmission or something? ECM was not removed. And when in "R" the reverse lights are on so I didn't think it could be neutral safety switch. But beings transmission was dropped could the neutral safety switch need to be adjusted?
Saturday, September 24th, 2011 AT 4:33 PM

ASEMASTER6371
I assume you mean the starter is not working.
Check the wires at the starter for power. The little wire should have 12v when the key is in the start mode.
Make sure all your grounds are hooked up correctly.

-1
Saturday, September 24th, 2011 AT 9:24 PM
NISSANFREAK
Starter appears to be workin properly. Would that have anything to do with the transmission not recognizing that the car is in park or neutral? Are there any relays or sensors that could be bad? The neutral safety switch has been ruled out? Now the motor was replaced with an 04 model but dealership says that because ECM was not disconnected it should not need to be reflashed. Scan tool only indicated a throttle body code, so we changed it to but still computer doesn't seem to recognize park and neutral. Which is preventing the car from starting. Will crank but not turn over. Anti theft is not locked up either.
Saturday, September 24th, 2011 AT 9:35 PM
ASEMASTER6371
You need to check the basics. You need compression, spark and fuel pressure. You will be missing one or more. Once you know what is missing then you can proceed.

-1
Saturday, September 24th, 2011 AT 9:42 PM
NISSANFREAK
We have fuel pressure, we can hear the pump pressurizing. Compression is good too. Put new plugs in as well. But will the computer allow the car start if it does not recognize that it is in park or neutral?
Saturday, September 24th, 2011 AT 9:48 PM
ASEMASTER6371
Yes it will, what was the fuel pressure?

How good was the spark?

-1
Saturday, September 24th, 2011 AT 9:51 PM
NISSANFREAK
I apologize, I stand to be corrected. They dont have 12v on starter unless they jump it.
Saturday, September 24th, 2011 AT 11:16 PM
NISSANFREAK
Just told me its not hot from ignition.
Saturday, September 24th, 2011 AT 11:18 PM
ASEMASTER6371
Ok. Go back to the ignition switch and see if there is power coming out of the switch

-1
Sunday, September 25th, 2011 AT 1:47 AM