MERCEDES START PROBLEM - COLD WEATHER

• hmdtmmyway
  • 2006 Mercedes Benz 500sl
  • automatic

2006 Mercedes 500S - it is below freezing outside and the car won't start - could it be that there is ice in the exhaust - or could it be the battery even though the key works and lights go on. Car regularly serviced with no problems - Do you think this has to do wth he extreme cold?

Sunday, January 23rd, 2011 AT 12:59 AM

• bmwtechwaqas

When was the last time did you change the battery? 4 years old battery def can give you issues. I would check that 1st.

Sunday, January 23rd, 2011 AT 1:21 AM
  • hmdtmmyway

Thanks for responding. I had a new battery put in by the dealership last March (it is less than a year old). When the old battery required a jump, the smart key wouldn't work. Since the key works and lights go on, I don't think it is the battery. Since the car has been regularly serviced, I can only surmise that the cold weather is affecting something ( it is 3 degrees out). And - of course - I cannot afford to take it to the Dealer anymore. Any hope that it might start when the weather gets warmer? Thanks again.

Sunday, January 23rd, 2011 AT 2:06 AM
  • bmwtechwaqas

Did you find anything with your vehicle?

Wednesday, December 7th, 2011 AT 4:11 AM