CLICKS BUT DOES NOT CRANK

2006 Honda Odyssey

240GOLF

HONDA ODYSSEY 2006 STARTER CLICKS BUT DOES NOT TURN OVER ENGINE. VOLTAGE IS 12.8 UNTIL YOU TRY TO START THEN IT DROPS TO 10. I BELIEVE IT MIGHT BE A RELAY, BUT WHICH ONE

240GOLF

I FOUND THE PROBLEM. Honda uses 1/4 inch copper cables to connect the ground and power to the engine. These cables easily corrode. Copper and water does not mix. The cable corrodes and turns into a huge resistor draining current. The power cable from the battery to the starter was corroded inside. You cannot tell until you take the cable off and check for resisitance. The cable should read 0 ohm's anything else and the cable is bad. I replaced the cable on my van and the car works like a champ. No more intermittent starting, battery draining, or just plain not starting. The cables are a bad design by Honda and should be recalled.

Starter Motor Replacement Ford Mustang
Battery Replacement Ford Escape 2000-2006
Battery Replacement
Battery Replacement Honda Civic 2006-2011